
It's Summmmmmmmmmmmmer!!!
It's 92 degrees! And it's only 1pm...
I'm not complaining too loudly, though.
When I think of our military in Iraq!
This kind of Summer heat is usual though, for some Summer days,
in my neck of the woods.
We always get some days like this, in Summer.

I may never have liked days like this, in a row.
But... They are just part of Summer. :-)

In previous years, when I was younger, and before we had any A/C window units,
I'd just *lie low,* once it got hot. Drink cold drinks. Stop moving around.
Generally *suffer through.* ,-)

But as I got older, these 'Dog Days of Summer' began to bother me more. First, I had to get a small A/C window unit, for just my den. And I'd have that to turn on, when everything just got tooooo much for me. I could escape into there. And I did, when it became necessary.
Then we had to get a small A/C window unit for our bedroom.
Then a couple of years ago, we had to get a bigger A/C window unit, placed mid way in our downstairs. It's actually in the kitchen window, which is by our eating area.
Now, we really *hate* to put any of these units in, until absolutely necessary, because we dislike losing the view from any window. Plus, these hot/humid spells don't last and then ~ we want to be able to open all windows, to the breeze, again.
Anyone who is hot ~ I wish you cooling breezes and maybe a nice, big, wet wave,
like the soon-to-be-surprised young lady below. ,-)

Illustrations
It's 92 degrees! And it's only 1pm...I'm not complaining too loudly, though.
When I think of our military in Iraq!
This kind of Summer heat is usual though, for some Summer days,in my neck of the woods.
We always get some days like this, in Summer.

I may never have liked days like this, in a row.
But... They are just part of Summer. :-)

In previous years, when I was younger, and before we had any A/C window units,
I'd just *lie low,* once it got hot. Drink cold drinks. Stop moving around.
Generally *suffer through.* ,-)

But as I got older, these 'Dog Days of Summer' began to bother me more. First, I had to get a small A/C window unit, for just my den. And I'd have that to turn on, when everything just got tooooo much for me. I could escape into there. And I did, when it became necessary.
Then we had to get a small A/C window unit for our bedroom.
Then a couple of years ago, we had to get a bigger A/C window unit, placed mid way in our downstairs. It's actually in the kitchen window, which is by our eating area.
Now, we really *hate* to put any of these units in, until absolutely necessary, because we dislike losing the view from any window. Plus, these hot/humid spells don't last and then ~ we want to be able to open all windows, to the breeze, again.
Anyone who is hot ~ I wish you cooling breezes and maybe a nice, big, wet wave,
like the soon-to-be-surprised young lady below. ,-)

Illustrations