Thursday, June 14, 2007

Time for introspection...




Per usual, what I write is for myself. Not meant to be a guide for anyone else. We each live our lives, in our own way. So if it sounds as if I'm saying anything is for everyone, I am not. I only say, that which I ponder on here, is for me.

It feels like a time for introspection. Is it the approaching Solstice? Is it simply the effect of seeing true Summer unfolding before my eyes? Is it that more Grandchildren are about, this time of year? Is it that one in particular, needs her 'Nana' more, this Summer? Is it knowing that ~ though the day of longest sunshine approaches, it is followed by the steady progression of less and less sunshine? Is it that since ancient times, humans have taken note of this time of year? Is it 'in our bones'? Or 'in the memories'?


Whatever....... I feel a need to slow down and contemplate. And since it comes at the same time as more-to-do, I'll have to work on finding the time and the setting. As to the setting ~ 'twould be lovely if I could slip away to some spot by the ocean or to some secluded forest or mountain top. But no. Neither is in the cards right now. So, I have to create my own space. My own time and place of contemplation. To figure out where I'm going.


Usually, I seem to flow. And I'm all for flowing! "Don't push the river, it knows where it's going," and all that. I love that. But too much flow can take us afar from what our inner self needs. We can't hear our inner self speaking to us, unless we turn off the noise, which all the world broadcasts at us. Not only 'news of the world.' But 'news of around the city,' and 'news of friends,' and 'news of family,' and ... on and on and on. Lots of it is important. Lots of it is not all that important.

"News" flows at us, constantly. Once in a while {or maybe often-in-a-while} we need to turn off the tap. Retreat into ourselves. Even for a few minutes or moments, at a time. Or when possible, for longer periods of time.

Right now, I'm feeling I need to take some of my time, to listen to my inside voice. I'm in need of direction, on the use of my time. I'd like to go inside... To the one who knows me best... To me.

Yes, I know this is the same picture, but I just love it, and wanted to use it again. :-)

I know that many don't view ourselves, as the proper guide. Many feel their guide is of an eternal type and not the self, with which they were born. And that is fine for them. We each can seek our own guide. My seeking will not be everyone's. But I personally hold to the truth that it is up to me, to seek that which I find is the right guide, for me.

Mmmm, this sort of an entry seems to belong more in my other blog. Yes, I can work on it, there. But not that many people read there.
So I simply felt like writing it, here. First. :-)

.
Images 1, 3, 4 are by Daniel Merriam at this link
.
Image 5 is by Martha Saudek at this link.