Thursday, April 05, 2007

I *want*....


I want to live a country year, in a place like the setting for The Magic Apple Tree. I want to find my own 'Moon Cottage' and live the life of a small country village.
~~~
Reading in Enlgand For All Seasons, I want to read all the wonderful books she mentions and embark on a fantastic literary tour of the settings of all of them! I don't want *much,* do I? :-)
~~~

I want to visit all the places shown in the gorgeous DVD Gardens Of The World, with Audrey Hepburn.
~~~
~~~
And lay my hands on, what looks as if it must be a beautiful book.... Gardens In The Spirit Of Place.
~~~
And since my favorite garden is the English Cottage Garden, I think I'd like to find Creatng A Cottage Garden In North America.
.

Interesting thing is...... I'm not a gardener. I always had a pretty black thumb as they say. So my husband has always done all the outside things, around the house. And he really loves it!
.

A couple of years ago, he was able to realize a long held dream of a country garden type of area, on the front side of our yard. He and son-i-law tilled and built up a small retaining wall and put stones around it and etc. And he's had great fun with getting it going and maintaining it and adding to it, over the few years he's had it. Wait till Summer comes! I'll have beautiful pictures to share, of beautiful flowers he grows. I won't have to keep resorting to 'grabbing' pics from the Net then!
.


But! Though I love the results of gardening, my own is mostly just some pots on the patio. And some flowers down in the back garden. Where they and I do constant battle with the drrrrrrrrrrreaded Hedge Bindweed. Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!
~~~
Does anyone have any wonderful ideas for eradicating Hedge Bindweed,
this garden menace????

~~~
Because............
no matter how I hate to admit it...
~~~
~~~


~~~
it's usually
Mari-Nanci 0...
Binderweed 100. -sigh-
.
~~~