Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Freedom...

.
The following entry is made up of my thoughts/views. My thoughts/views. My thoughts/views.
It in no way, is meant to influence any one else.
I have mine.
You have yours.
They have theirs.
Without anyone imposing their thoughts/views, on anyone else.

People are free to read here. And to not read here. We are all free, to have our own mind.
~~~

This picture above, is Norman Rockwell's 'Freedom of Speech.' I couldn't find one, for 'Freedom of Thought.' But Freedom of Thought is what is on my mind, again today. My last entry seemed to have 'rung a bell' with lots of people who came by. And that was very pleasing to me. I meant what I wrote.

Many people understood the feeling of enjoying new ideas. And of taking time to ponder things, ourselves. And the happy fact that, as we age, we give ourselves more leeway to be our own person. To not so much worry about what others will think of us. Or say of us, or to us, if we are brave enough to be our own person.

But only one, Sheila of As Time Goes By touched on the 'why,' of all my years of not being able to question or think for myself. Thank you Sheila, for sort of wondering... why?

I never return to people's blogs, after I make a comment there... to see if the blog owner replied anything to me. So when I want to reply to comments, I do so in the commenter's blog. I did so, in Sheila's. And I actually did this, in my own, first. A sort of a quick rough draft, at the time I read her comment. But since I don't think anyone goes back, I will also put it here, in this separate entry.

Sheila, thank you for asking the 'why' of my not letting myself question, or think for myself, for my first 60 years.

It was not my choice.

It was Rules, imposed on me, by organized Religion.

Which I had to break free from, with great difficulty.

Break free by years of reading and searching and pondering and mental blood-sweat-and-tears. I did not just 'fall away' from organized Religion. That would be too easy. Or actually, for me, too hard. I could not live with what I had not internalized.

But it was very hard to start doing this. Very hard to do this.
Because as with most Rules imposed by organized Religion, it was imposed, under fear of Hell and Brimstone.

-sighhhhhhhhhhh-

So, needless to say, I have few good feelings, for The Rule of organized Religions. They all impose their will on followers. Claiming such Rules to have been handed down from/by this or that form of God. Their followers are not allowed to disagree or to question, that which has been 'revealed,' to and through the organized Religion. And as anyone can tell, I am very upset with this. Having lived long, with pain thus imposed on me.

.
Staying upset, helps nothing. Staying upset, helps no one.

So I will close, with a sweet picture of Little Miss Muffet... Upsetting her stool, or her tuffett... Although my 'spell check' is not helping me, with the spelling of 'tuffet :-) And thus return to 'business as usual' here.

And will just have to see if 'business as usual' here, will again be accepted.
~~~
~~~~~~~~~