Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Can this happen to any of us???

Thank you to 'PEA,' for telling me that she has been in contact with that lady. Who deleted her blog. And knows it has been taken over by another site.

But... I might want to delete my Blog some day. Any of us might. Do we want to know that our link to our Blog, can be taken over by a site which puts porn links up on it? Because this is what is there at this link, sometimes when one access it. This is why I was so upset.

And I'd not try clicking on any of the links there. I feel pretty sure that they all take one to porn.

Now I don't care what consenting adults click on, on the Net. But I'd never want the link to my Blog, to be taken over by such.

How? How? How?

And how can this be prevented?

One can delete a blog on Live Journal, and that's all there is to it. It is deleted. End of story. The link to our deleted blog, is not sold to or given to any other site. I know. I've deleted blogs at Live Journal.

Yes, I am steamed. Yes I am. I know that this can happen, with paid-for sites. You drop payment and it goes up for grabs and often becomes a link to porn. I know this.

I did not know that this happens with some blogs.

-sigh- Maybe I'm the only one who sees a problem here.