Tuesday, March 06, 2007


The temperature outside my window is 0 degrees F this morning.
I don't have a lot to write.
So I'll fall back on pretty pictures and some random quotes.
May you all have more inspiration for blogging this morning, than I seem to have. :-)
.
"I know a bank whereon the wild thyme blows,/ Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows/ Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine,/ With sweet musk roses, and with eglantine..."
--"A Midsummer Night's Dream"
.
"There were long mirrors, filling the room with reflected light and these gave back images of highly polished antique furniture, tall cabinets of blue and white Meissen plates, and the flowers with which Lady Keile had always surrounded herself."
--"The Empty House"
.
"Her mind was like her room, in which lights advanced and retreated, came pirouetting and stepping delicately,...and then her whole being was suffused, like the room again, with a cloud of some profound knowledge..."
--"The Lady In The Looking Glass"
.
"I can recall now... the large familiar room that was always kept for me... its chintz-covered chairs, its spaced fine furniture, its glimpse of the cedars without..."
--H. G. Wells