
I really want to be on Island time... I want to go to sleep and to wake, to the sound of the ocean waves, flowing and ebbing onto a beach.

I want to wander among beautiful tropical flowers and pick them, to take home with me. Drinking in their fragrance on the slow, gentle stroll homeward.

I want to only concern myself with the "problem" of, where will I find the most beautiful and fragrant flowers.

And when day is done, I want to walk along a perfect beach and watch the moon rise across the water and simply drink in its beauty.

I want to forget all cares and worries and sadness and angst.
And guess what?
I can't.
That's not what life is made up of.
And that's ok. That's ok. Life is not a beach.
Joseph Campbell spoke to this fact. Some of the things he said are...
The warrior's approach is to say "yes" to life: "yea" to it all.
Participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world.
We cannot cure the world of sorrows, but we can choose to live in joy.
Out of perfection nothing can be made.
If you are lifeworthy, you can take it.
What we are really living for is the experience of life,
both the pain and the pleasure.
Negativism to the pain and ferocity of life is negativism to life.
We are not there until we can say "yea" to it all.
To take a righteous attitude toward anything is to denigrate it.
Live from your own center.
You throw off yesterday as the snake sheds its skin.
And guess what?
I can't.
That's not what life is made up of.
And that's ok. That's ok. Life is not a beach.
Joseph Campbell spoke to this fact. Some of the things he said are...
The warrior's approach is to say "yes" to life: "yea" to it all.
Participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world.
We cannot cure the world of sorrows, but we can choose to live in joy.
Out of perfection nothing can be made.
If you are lifeworthy, you can take it.
What we are really living for is the experience of life,
both the pain and the pleasure.
Negativism to the pain and ferocity of life is negativism to life.
We are not there until we can say "yea" to it all.
To take a righteous attitude toward anything is to denigrate it.
Live from your own center.
You throw off yesterday as the snake sheds its skin.
What you don't experience positively you will experience negatively.
Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves
come when life seems most challenging.
But may we all have a few minutes each day,
to {figuratively at least} put a flower in our hair
and make believe, for a few minutes anyway,
that life really is a beach. :-)

Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves
come when life seems most challenging.
But may we all have a few minutes each day,
to {figuratively at least} put a flower in our hair
and make believe, for a few minutes anyway,
that life really is a beach. :-)


