Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What's in a {Blog} name...?


'Smilnsigh'
That's the 'Name' I picked at the beginning, here.
When I didn't know the purpose of this Blogger.com experience, to come.
I was tired of the woes of the world, which seemed everywhere, in my previous venue.
I sought out a place of refuge, from all that angst.

Common sense tells us that all of life has angst, here and there. Sometimes, it seems almost everywhere. -sigh- But if we keep on the lookout, there are things, to warm us. To make us -smile-. And I so wanted to find Net places which tried to see the glass half full,
as I wanted to do. And I gradually discovered these places.
Which I called 'Pretty Blog Land.'

Now, being so happy to find these, how could I help, but to revel in them? And so, when I "just had" to comment here and there, I had to have something written in my own Blog, so I'd not "be Anon." {I do dislike the Anon. tag. But that's just my personal quirk} And also {probably logically} I was drawn to try to put pretty pictures in mine, which I loved in others. And to write with a general happy attitude. Maybe 'happy' isn't the correct word. Maybe it all comes back to the view of 'the glass being half full.'

None of us can be happy-happy-happy or perky-perky-perky all the time.
Each of us has our own personal -sighs-.
Each of us has their own threshold of how many -sighs- we can keep to ourselves.
Sometimes they just have to spill over into our writing. Especially if they're keeping us, from making entries in our Blog. Each of us has our own wish, for what our 'face to the world'
will be like.

I loved the 'faces to the world,' whch I found in my "Pretty Blog Land." They fit my need for resonance with the view of the 'glass being half full.' If I loved it so much, how could I make mine, any different? I couldn't. I banish world-angst from my Blogger.com. There are plenty of places for that discussion. Not here. Here I want to sort of sit by the fireside and rest.

Maybe if this were my only Net Life visit, I'd feel that I was 'sticking my head in the sand,' so to speak. Being an ostrich, with all the usual bad connotations, which go with this. But it isn't my only Net place. If I feel strong and wish to visit other places, I can. In fact, I usually don't let too much time elapse, without those visits. That Net world is inhabited by people I've grown fond of also. I need to know how they are doing. I need to see some 'hard,' too. I can't completely live in Pretty Blog Land.

But.... I know it's here! I know it's here!
And somehow, that gives me so much peace.
Maybe it's something like the view that home should be a peaceful refuge from the world. Again, a seemingly common sense view. But, even that isn't shared by all.

My common sense is not everyone's common sense.
And there-in lies,
what I view as a huge thought, issue, topic, viewpoint, whatever.
In my view, we are individuals, with our own beliefs, viewpoints, etc.
I don't wish to impose mine {views} on you. Nor do I wish you to impose yours, on me.
So, I do try to not be ~~ actually, I try to fight off my "icky" drive to think I have the answer for everything. -Oh sighhhhhhh- Therein lies one of my greatest personal -sighs-... Fighting off the inner voice which tells me, that I have "the answer" for everything! That I could "fix" everything, if only everyone would listen to my {cough, gasp} *Wisdom.*
My fight. My constant fight.
That which I must be vigilant against, at all hours of the day and night.
-sigh- -sigh- -sigh- -sigh- -sigh- -sigh-

But! How can I end an entry, on a -sigh-? I can't! I can't!
The sun is shining. I see a dusting of snow in a few places, outside my windows.
And yesterday, for a brief moment or two, I actually saw a tiny snow flurry! -smile-

But oh my! Even this -smile- of mine, brings to mind, the -sighs- of all those people who are getting way tooooooooooooo much snow, this season.
Another -smile-. Just another example of how life is filled with both... smiles and sighs.


All Posters