Tuesday, January 09, 2007

What a day...!


http://www.princessleia.com/images/housekeeping/gahCleaning.png

"Quel jour!"
Yes, what a day!

First thing this morning, before my morning decaf even - I found some ants
in my pantry. Welllllllllll, you can imagine how I reacted to that!

I went to work and got rid of soooo many things, which should have been culled way before. {I won't even say the oldest expiration date I found in there. -sigh-}
And I bagged things I kept, which were not in secure packaging. And I disposed of batches of the old. Putting lots down the sink disposal.

Mmmmmmmmmmm....
And in the process, I jammed the disposal up!!! :-(

Soooooo, husband had to spend lots of time, going through the *wild job* of unclogging it. Meantime, I continued the pantry job. And bagged more stuff, for garbage pickup. Oh there was so much stuff, stashed away down under and the like. No, it's not an efficient pantry. But that's no reason for us to "lose" things, in the *deep depths* of underneath shelves!! Nooooo excuse!

And believe me, we will not do so, again! We've learned our lesson. Those down and under spots can hold certain things {like 'Bounty' type paper towels in a clear plastic bin}. But not .... well, I simply won't even *tell* what else I found, down there. Leave it at -- it was a sort of an archelological
*dig.* -sighhhhhhhhhh-

But on the plus side -- t
his certainly fit right in with the lovely decluttering mode, I've been in. But I've been doing this decluttering, in a more relaxed way. Which has been a lot nicer, than having it thrust upon me. Like today's.

Then again, I have a lot of decluttering to do! So I'm not really complaining too much. There are so many 'spots,' in need of decluttering...
So every one done, is one more 'down'. :-)


allposters.com