Friday, January 19, 2007

Snow... And slowing down...

At last, some snow falling. It's cold enough that this may last for a bit. Can also be slippery but ~~ that's a 'sigh,' and I won't keep dwelling on that part. -smile-

I choose to enjoy the falling snow, like this lady. Except, not in high heels! Ahhh art! One can dress in any way, in it. -smile-

And the slowing-down part... Yes, I had one of those "Stop And Notice!" moments last night. Well, it lasted longer than a moment but... The important thing is, I think my body was trying to get my attention.

I tend to "go at hyper speed," inside of me. Looking on at me, from the outside, people would think I hardly ever "went at hyper speed." But my mind is racing...... Always in a hurry to finish the present project, no matter whether it makes any difference to do so or not. Read the book, fast! Do e-mail, fast! Do all my Net Life, fast! Lists of still-to-do things, always running in my head. I begin to do one thing... Only to remember 2-3 other things, which *must* be done, before this one, can be. Up I pop and go off in quest of doing the 2-3 other things. Etc. Etc. Etc.

And why? No good reason.

Part of it is my need for control. Oh I've figured out the "Why" of this painful trait. But knowing the "Why," doesn't do much, to control it. The control part, is my hard work. Forever...

Part of it is the residue of "Guilt." Doing the long, hard work of figuring out that I should not have "Guilt," doesn't make it fully disappear. That part too, is my hard work. Forever...

Perhaps there are many more "Why's," for my sad traits. But finding reasons, doesn't do the hard part... The learning to drop them. My job. My work. And I can know all of this, intellectually. But now and then, my body has to "get my undivided attention." Dear ol' bod. It really does know, what's best. -smile-

Soooo... will I obsess over immediately getting this new Blog, just-as-I-want-it? Nope. Will I obsess over getting all the remaining groceries, put away _now_? Nope. Will I worry about the slippery conditions, which may result for the pretty, falling snow? Nope. I'll take my time with everything. And especially, with looking out at the pretty snow, while sipping my morning decaf.

Sooo! That my plan. And I hope I have the 'gumption,' to stick with it. -smile- If you have a plan today, may you too, have the 'gumption' to stick with it.

PM Design Group