Is it normal to be inspired, by other Bloggers? I am, but don't know if it's *in the rules,* to follow through with such inspiration...
Well, I was inspired by http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/, concerning more than one topic... But I speak here, of calendars.
She says she needs one and doesn't usually keep one. I always keep one in my kitchen, hung on the wall or now... on side of refrigerator. Our family life is recorded on these calendars, and I keep them, from year to year. Until the pile gets too big and I have to get rid of some. Such a treasure trove of information!
When was that doc appointment? How much did I weigh on such and such a month, last year? When is the car inspection due? When are Granddaughters' next Vollyball games at home? And the next game, for the returning Football team at our school? All sorts of stuff! I couldn't live without one.
But no, I don't have a heavy social life, so it's not for those things. Oh my no! -grin- And I've never gotten a purse calendar or a blackberry or keep things on the Net somewhere... in calendar form. Just the kitchen one.
Last year, I found an adorable Mary Englebreit small size one. Love it! But so far, I'm not as thrilled with the one she's put out, for 2007. Oh no! Now I have to search for another style. -sigh- It's so much easier when I can just go find the same style, year after year after year.
And I alway want to pick out my own calendar. Not receive one, as a Christmas gift, as we have done in this family... Gotten calendars for others. Mmmmm no. Not so good. A calendar is a very long lasting [duhhhh] and personal thing. Right up there in plan sight. For all who come by, to see. And I like it to be a real reflection of 'the me I am now.' -smile-
So thank you Posie, for bringing this topic to my mind. You certainly have more subjects, and more deep subjects spoken of. But right now, I zero in on calendars. Such an important part of my life. But not necessarily so, for others. Don't you love it, how we are each our own selves???!!!???