**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**
I had Comments On, with yesterday's entry. But only two sweet ladies commented. I think I'll go back to No Comments. :-) It's probably easier, all round. Then, no one is under any pressure to make a comment here. Also, I'm still not on the Net, as much as I was. So I don't need lots of comment pressure, being on myself.

Today is one of our Grand-daughter's Birthday! 15!!! We are giving her an "Edward" from "Twilight" poster, for her room. {Which she went nearly *out-of-her-head-excited* about, when she saw it was available at Border's!} And we'll give her money to go pick out more "Edward" from "Twilight" loot, herself!!! :-) Her other Grandparents came over last weekend, took her out to eat, and put money in her college fund. Eeeeeeeek! She's a teenager! A teenager wants some money, to get something they really, really want! Money into a college fund is a *noble* thing. But let's get real here. She's a teen! {Weren't they ever teens?!?} -giggles-

It's finally raining. Finally we don't have sunlight, on beautiful fall color leaves. But, I'm not going to whine about this. Not going to be made grumpy, by the rain. :-) If I can't stop the rain, why let it make me grumpy? ,-)

I recently read an article on finding happiness. All humans are wired to seek happiness and avoid unhappiness/pain. So, it's a pretty universal trait. But a lot of people run around seeking it, like a rabbit after a carrot on a stick. Maybe it's this 'chasing,' that's causing the trouble with finding it. Sometimes the best way to solve a problem, is to stop participating in the problem. And just stop caring.
-The best way to stop the problem of not having lots of cool friends, is to stop caring about having lots of cool friends. {Or about being the most popular blog in Blog Land} ,-)
-The simplest way to be content with yourself, is not to achieve greatness and praise, but to accept yourself fully, as you are now. {And not base our worth, on what people say about/to us} ,-)
-This doesn't mean we stop trying for goals or growth. It just means we learn to not base our happiness on fleeting, semi-permanent things. {How many people 'visited' our blog, today... The weather... The news... Etc., etc., etc.} ,-)
-If my identity is too attached to outcomes, and something doesn't go my way, I'll likely be grumpy all the rest of the day, because of this. {if my Site Meter 'visited' numbers fall... If it's a dark and rainy day... Etc., etc., etc.} ,-)
-And my own conclusion ~~
Save my caring, for that which I {perhaps} can influence,
in my own tiny sphere.

Thank you for reading my ramblings of today!
Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci
{The article which got me thinking...}
{Illustrations source}
**~~**
For my other thoughts, please read the following, while you still can. Please read here.
**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**

Today is one of our Grand-daughter's Birthday! 15!!! We are giving her an "Edward" from "Twilight" poster, for her room. {Which she went nearly *out-of-her-head-excited* about, when she saw it was available at Border's!} And we'll give her money to go pick out more "Edward" from "Twilight" loot, herself!!! :-) Her other Grandparents came over last weekend, took her out to eat, and put money in her college fund. Eeeeeeeek! She's a teenager! A teenager wants some money, to get something they really, really want! Money into a college fund is a *noble* thing. But let's get real here. She's a teen! {Weren't they ever teens?!?} -giggles-

It's finally raining. Finally we don't have sunlight, on beautiful fall color leaves. But, I'm not going to whine about this. Not going to be made grumpy, by the rain. :-) If I can't stop the rain, why let it make me grumpy? ,-)

I recently read an article on finding happiness. All humans are wired to seek happiness and avoid unhappiness/pain. So, it's a pretty universal trait. But a lot of people run around seeking it, like a rabbit after a carrot on a stick. Maybe it's this 'chasing,' that's causing the trouble with finding it. Sometimes the best way to solve a problem, is to stop participating in the problem. And just stop caring.
-The best way to stop the problem of not having lots of cool friends, is to stop caring about having lots of cool friends. {Or about being the most popular blog in Blog Land} ,-)
-The simplest way to be content with yourself, is not to achieve greatness and praise, but to accept yourself fully, as you are now. {And not base our worth, on what people say about/to us} ,-)
-This doesn't mean we stop trying for goals or growth. It just means we learn to not base our happiness on fleeting, semi-permanent things. {How many people 'visited' our blog, today... The weather... The news... Etc., etc., etc.} ,-)
-If my identity is too attached to outcomes, and something doesn't go my way, I'll likely be grumpy all the rest of the day, because of this. {if my Site Meter 'visited' numbers fall... If it's a dark and rainy day... Etc., etc., etc.} ,-)
-And my own conclusion ~~
Save my caring, for that which I {perhaps} can influence,
in my own tiny sphere.

Thank you for reading my ramblings of today!
Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci
{The article which got me thinking...}
{Illustrations source}
**~~**
For my other thoughts, please read the following, while you still can. Please read here.
**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**