
One of the older Granddaughters will be staying with the other, this week. When they were going home, after family dinner last night, there was talk of fixing hair...
"Do you have a hair straightener, because the new style of my hair, got curly and my hair dresser said I had to straighten it, if it did, or it would do this!?!"
This said with desperation in her voice, while I'm clapping my hands with glee, at the gentle waves in the red hair, which some women would die for! -le sigh- And I was voicing horror at a hair straightening 'thing'! :-(((( So they both assure me...
"Not to worry Nana, it doesn't hurt the hair. You put straightening spray on it and it's fine." "I do it tooo."
Hehhhhhhh... But anyway, I see fixing of hair, going on... this week. :-) And swapping of clothes...
The older one was admiring the younger ones jeans.
"I lovvvvvvvvvvvvve those jeans. I think I'll be borrowing them."
"But you're inches taller", say I. Which leads to the older one, talking of being so proud of putting on another inch of height. She's willowy and holds herself like a model, btw. Then came a family discussion of how great {her height} is. And wondering if the 9 year old Grandson will turn out tall too. With hopes that he does, of course. Then the two older Granddaughters and I, stood in a row and of course, _I_ am the shortest. {What do they put in the water, these days?}
Her joy at this height, comes from the plus it gives her, in all her sports. Wow, but I am happy for girls' sports!!! If I had reached 5' 9" in high school, I'd have wanted to crawl under a rock. :-( Today, it's worn with pride. You've come a long way, Baby!!!! Today's girls can love fashion and hair styles. Annnnnnnd love their participation in sports. It doesn't get much better than this!!! And of course, they also get High Honors, but that goes without saying.
^_^
All Posters dot com