Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I thought...

I thought they used to say that no matter what you did, a cold would last 7 days. Well Hello... It's been a week now. Cold, did you notice that? So why do I still have a runny nose and coughing? Hu? Hu? Hu? How come, Cold? How come?


Plus... It's nearly Easter. So how come we had snow last evening? Hu? Hu? Hu? And still, still, still have snow cover. It's never all gone away. And it's rainy and gray and foggy and damp and all that, on top of snow. How come? Hu?

How come I have this damp, gray, snow covered landscape... When so many, are posting photos of grass, and flowers. And even if no real grass yet, they have sweet little snow drops and little early Spring things popping up. And blossoms on trees and bushes. And... -pout- Tell you the truth, I'm getting sick of seeing these pictures. -pout-

~~~~~~

Yes, I am. It's not one bit nice to be this way, but... I'm being pushed over the brink of niceness. -pout- Right over into cold and grumpy and achy and "pouty" and "grrrrrr-y" and "phooooie" and all that "I'm gonna' go and eat worms" kind of a mood. -pout-


I guess I need some Zen. Some "12 Essential Rules To Live More Like A Zen Monk." No I don't want to become a Zen monk. Neither does Leo. But I sure could use something! Things which would bring more of the following quotes, into my life, right now.

“We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize." - Thich Nhat Hanh.

“Zen is not some kind of excitement, but concentration on our usual everyday routine.” - Shunryu Suzuki

“Before enlightenment chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.” - Wu Li

~~~~~~

Mmmmm, no. I don't want to go all the way to chopping wood, please.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^


Pic Source