
We had more snow, though not much. Just enough to look pretty again. And cold temps coming at us. Winter is not done yet. And it's actually OK with me. I haven't finished the 'Work of Winter' so to speak.
~*~*~*~*~
You know, how in these months, when Nature seems to sort of yawn and stretch and go for a long nap... Isn't it said that humans could do well to follow Her lead? Maybe we can't hibernate exactly. Life does go on. But ... perhaps we can at least notice that Nature has slowed down. And with Nature's slowing down, and less sunlight, and being more house bound {to some extent ~ it's just not so easy to open the door and go, in Winter} and long cozy Winter evenings... can come a wish to quietly look at how we are living our lives. How we spend our weeks, our days, etc. So much of life is lived on 'automatic pilot.'
~*~*~*~*~
I'd like to switch off of 'automatic' a bit... Try to quietly contemplate. Maybe if I put my mind to it, I'll actually accomplish something, by the time Springtime rolls around. ^_^
~*~*~*~*~
If you love to rent old movies, you'll recognize that lady above.
Charlotte Greenwood.
.
She had a long career on stage and screen. The picture above, illustrates what I most remember her from.... Those 40's and 50's musicals. With Betty Grable and Carmen Miranda and the like. Just great! We saw Down Argentina Way the other night. I've now gone on a hunt for all her films, which Net Flix has. :-)
~*~*~*~*~
Old musicals... Great help for what ails ya'. :-)
.
~*~*~*~*~
Charlotte Greenwood.
.
She had a long career on stage and screen. The picture above, illustrates what I most remember her from.... Those 40's and 50's musicals. With Betty Grable and Carmen Miranda and the like. Just great! We saw Down Argentina Way the other night. I've now gone on a hunt for all her films, which Net Flix has. :-)~*~*~*~*~
Old musicals... Great help for what ails ya'. :-)
.
~*~*~*~*~