"Ohhhhhh! Shiny!"Guess that could be said of the picture to the left. A sort of a 'Bling* Lamp' for kid's rooms. Seen in a window display... Sort of cute, in a 'loud' way. ,-)
But I'm referring to a different "Ohhhhhh! Shiny!" I'm referring to a fascination with what's bright and new. Or even, just with what's different. Sad thing is, I see this in myself.
Forms of 'Bling' and 'Oh shiny' effect me way too much. I have a tendency to begin one thing. Think of 3 other things which I "have" to do, before the first. Bounce off to do those 3 other things. And along the way, either find 2 or 3 more and different things which "just have" to be done. Or get stuck on one of the first 3 things, which took me away from my original plan. It all adds up to .... The "Oh shiny" effect. And scatters my determination and my accomplishment. -sigh-
And Life On The Net fits neatly in with this, also. Something new/different and maybe "Ohhhhhh! Shiny!" is always just a mouse click away, on the Net! To a non-Net-loving person, it might look like I sit in my chair, at my computer, in a very settled way. Ahhh but!!! It only seems this way!
I am traveling the world! My words are being sent through Cyber at the speed of light! I am an explorer, of what ever topic I choose!
I am movvvvvvvvvin', Baby! >,-)
Only thing is, the movement doesn't do anything for my waistline. >,-)
************
* "Bling" ~ The imaginary "sound" that is produced by light
reflected by a diamond.
But I'm referring to a different "Ohhhhhh! Shiny!" I'm referring to a fascination with what's bright and new. Or even, just with what's different. Sad thing is, I see this in myself.
Forms of 'Bling' and 'Oh shiny' effect me way too much. I have a tendency to begin one thing. Think of 3 other things which I "have" to do, before the first. Bounce off to do those 3 other things. And along the way, either find 2 or 3 more and different things which "just have" to be done. Or get stuck on one of the first 3 things, which took me away from my original plan. It all adds up to .... The "Oh shiny" effect. And scatters my determination and my accomplishment. -sigh-
And Life On The Net fits neatly in with this, also. Something new/different and maybe "Ohhhhhh! Shiny!" is always just a mouse click away, on the Net! To a non-Net-loving person, it might look like I sit in my chair, at my computer, in a very settled way. Ahhh but!!! It only seems this way!
I am traveling the world! My words are being sent through Cyber at the speed of light! I am an explorer, of what ever topic I choose!
I am movvvvvvvvvin', Baby! >,-)
Only thing is, the movement doesn't do anything for my waistline. >,-)
************
* "Bling" ~ The imaginary "sound" that is produced by light
reflected by a diamond.