Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Hi again!


My computer hookup Gray Box's "nervous breakdown" was fixed, and I am back in 'Pretty Blog Land.' Many thanks to all who wished me well, during this break.
~*~*~*~*~
The Christmas decorating excuse may be gone. But look what's on the horizon! Valentines Day. Mmmm, more Reds. :-) I'm not talented enough to do things like that photo above. {click Credits to go to the Net source} But it surely gets me in the mood. Any holiday which features my favorite warm shade {all in the Red Family}, has to be wonderful to me. :-)
~*~*~*~*~
Now it seems that the painters are not coming till the last week in January. And that's no problem. We don't have any *deadline* date to have this done for. And we still have lots more "stuff" to get rid off!!! And this is as important to me, as reclaiming the Front Room and getting nice new colors in rooms. "Stuff" still weighs heavy, on my being. -sigh-
~*~*~*~*~
Coincidentally, a blogger {I've known for years, before 'Pretty Blog Land' even} is going through temporary downsizing... Between selling their house, and making a distance move. This experience is being so very freeing, to and for her! I love it! Too bad {for me}, Debra is also freeing herself from internet connection, for this couple of months. I'd love to have the added "stuff elimination" impetus, of reading of her daily living-with-downsizing experiences.
She will use the library, from time to time. But her blogging will not be as frequent.
~*~*~*~*~
And I am glad for her. So wonderful for her to really experience changes and freedom from past habits, for a period of time. What a great experiment. How many of us would be brave enough to do this, if we didn't have an opportunity sort-of-imposed on us? Not many... :-)
~*~*~*~*~
My little 'break' was interesting. And eye opening, too. And I know that I'd never have had the guts to do it, without my Gray Box's 'nervous breakdown.' :-) Just human nature I guess. We {I for sure!} mouth about wanting to make changes. Lots of different changes. But -sigh- When push comes to shove, I do a little... And stop. Then I do a little again... And stop. What kind of a change can be made, that way??? hahh.... That way is almost like doing 'Chinese Water Torture' to one's self. It's teasing one's self with steps, into change. In and out. In and out. It seems to me, that it's high time I stopped these teasing-myself changes. And decided on some real and lasting ones.<--All this sure sounds good, doesn't it??? -grin- It won't be worth much Mari-Nanci, unless you do it, though!!!
~*~*~*~*~
OK! Enough 'Pretty Blog Land' for now!!! Where is the box of humongous garbage bags? I've got 'stuff' to get rid of! The feeling of a weight off my shoulders, will be wonderful, I'm sure!!!!!!

^_^

~*~*~*~*~