Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This and that, on Tuesday

You can click on all pics, to see them bigger

Is anyone up for a meteor watch? " What could be the best meteor display of the year will reach its peak on the night of Dec.13-14." The article even gives tips on how to survive the cold, in the Northern Hemisphere. :-)
But our forecast seems to take care on my decision, about trying to see meteors or not. Rain, or snow, or cloudy, through the period. Soooooo.... Perhaps you will have a better forecast, where you live.

Yes gentle Reader ~ Feast your eyes on that Bread above. It's from Hershey's Kitchens and you could go there and print out the recipe. But I put it here, anyway.

TOFFEE-BANANA RUM BREAD
Ingredients:
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup mashed ripe banana(about 3 medium)
  • 1 cup chopped nuts
  • 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits, divided
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-1/2x4-1/2x2-1/2-inch baking pans.

2. In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk, oil, rum, egg and banana; stir with spoon until well blended. Stir in nuts. Spread 1-1/4 cups batter into bottom of each prepared pan. Top each batter with 1/2 cup toffee bits. Gently spread about 1 cup remaining batter into each pan. Sprinkle remaining bits over batter.

3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. (Bread will have slight sink in center.) Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen bread from sides of pan. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely. 2 loaves.The Christmas Almanac is nice Holiday web site, with lots of links. One link is to a List of Christmas Specials on tv. But it doesn't contain one of our son's favorites. The Andy Williams Christmas Specials! These "say" Christmas memories to him, and he ordered the Best of Andy Williams Christmas Shows. To have *forever.* :-) And I love 'A Child's Christmas In Wales'. Which sets me to wondering, what are everyone's favorite Christmas time tv Specials and films?We got down-street and walked. In the process of walking, we got more needed items on our presents for Grands list. Yaaaa, a win-in-more-ways-than-one morning! Oh and I also got some photos taken. Still with my old camera though. I haven't sat down and read the new camera booklet, but my husband did and he said it doesn't look too difficult. First thing, install the program, which comes on a CD. But I wanted to get shopping done, first thing today. So, maybe after my nap, I'll feel perky enough to tackle the booklet. I know, it's way silly of me to not have jumped right into doing this. But I'm intimidated by instructions. And no way can I get away without reading them. So...... ,-)