Wow! I was gonna' come on, as "Mrs. Claus" and have to smooth over some ruffled feathers here in 'Pretty Blog Land.' Due to my previous entry. The resident "Mr. Santa Claus" thought me, just too "scroogy". :-)

He says that the Holidays are a time to be able to give items, which people would not get for themselves. And in his mind, these items are not just-more-things or "stuff." He sees them as useful items. Perhaps not something, which is all-the-way to can-not-be-lived-without. But something which would bring its own kind of joy, to the family member. And he sees this as good and warm and loving and all those nice things. {See, I told you! He is Santa Claus. -smile-} And what he said, has merit.

But also Wow! I think I struck a cord, with some readers! I'm not the only one who feels the Holiday Giving Pressure, in its various forms. Of course, one person's Gift Pressure can be another person's Gift Joy. But a lot of us are tired of the "guilt" pushed on us, by advertising. The feelings of "guilt," if our ideas of giving, don't come up to some glitzy Madison Ave. idea of it. And a bit of "being tired of." is fine too. We each have the right to decide our own view of what Gift Giving consists of. No one {especially advertising} has the right to make that decision, for us.

If some want to go-all-out, and can afford to, then go all out. If some want to taper back some, then that's a worthy plan too. If some really can get the most out of their Christmas/Holiday Season, by spending $0, then more power to them too. Just as long as our final decision is based on our own views, and on our own bank account. Well, that's my view, anyway. You are free to have your own.
You can find your own Paper Dolls at Gail's Paper Dolls.

