Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Full 'Beaver' Moon... or 'Frosty'

Ice Luminarias Better Homes and Gardens

It's certainly going to be the Full Frosty Moon tonight, around these parts! 'Twas 18 degrees F. a few minutes ago. I have no idea what the real over-night low was. But a Full Moon seems to bring clear skies. Which bring colder temps, since there's no cloud cover to keep left-over heat on the ground.


After his hair cut, husband will get a turkey, for Sunday Family dinner here on "The Compound." Daughter/family went to her in-laws for the Thanksgiving weekend. We and next door son/family went to Thanksgiving Dinner out at other son/family's home. Which was lovely, but, no left-overs for us. Eeeeek! All of us over here, had *Left-over Lust* yesterday so... Sunday will be a repeat Thanksgiving Dinner! I can't wait!!! ~~~ Plus, the turkey will be cooked at son-next-door's house, which he loves! He loves to be able to smell it cooking, all day. :-)


Today/Sat. we'll go over for a late lunch {which will be dinner} over a few miles East, to a cozy little old fashioned restaurant, we love. Haven't been there in a long time. Soon the weather will be so 'iffy' that we won't want to take the country drive over there. With nice/cold weather today, we go today! I hope to take some pictures. It's just cute and quaint and they serve yummmmmmy seasonal food and desserts.

Finally!!! A nice picture {above} of our "First Grand-Dog" Ruby! She is the sweetest Black Lab that ever was! Love her! She's now 10+ years.
.Above is a picture of younger 'Summer' and 'Ruby.' 'Summer' is younger and bouncier but 'Ruby' is still the Alpha Female. And they love each other dearly. Sooooo cute together. My pictures don't really show the wavy-ness of their coats. Both are wavy but 'Ruby's' is the most wavy. Aren't they precious? And they were so cute with the youngest Grand, 3 years old. He loves to play with them, and especially 'Summer,' loves to give him lick/kisses. Which tickle of course. ,-)))))

Do you have some Christmas/Holiday decorations up yet? Can't say that I have. -sigh- But we have to get going. Start getting the boxes/bags out and seeing what I want to put up this year, etc. So why am I sitting here on the computer, hu? ,-)

Oh and I got 200 pages read in the trilogy teen vampire book last night. I want to keep reading! But I don't want the trilogy to be over! -sigh- It's been so long since I've had a series of books, which I was loving. It's bitter sweet. ~~~ Oh and I even came across a Daily Photo blog from the area, where the books are set! And Mary Helen says that "Twilight" is to be made into a movie. I have mixed emotions about this news. I love the books so much, how will they ever cast them, to look like what I see in my mind's eye???? ~~~ My 15 years old Granddaughter and I were talking about this issue. How to ever make 'the perfect ones' look that perfect? And how to cast the heroine? As she pointed out, Bella is not described much. Interesting, because other characters are given detailed descriptions. But not the heroine.... I should ask the author about that! Her reason for so doing, I mean. :-)

I'm sorry to say that I'm still not able to be on the Net, as much as I'd like to be. So may I please say a heartfelt Thank You to all who comment in all my blogs. I am so grateful for comments. Even though I can't always get to reading/commenting in everyone else's blogs. This is the one thing that's hurtful to me, about "Pretty Blog Land." That I can't visit with and comment in as many blogs as I oh so wish I could. Enough, on this topic, yet again...