Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday 'this and that'


We began the day, with our Flu shots. The first day our doctor's office is offering them. They had 3 lines for signing in and 2 lines for the shot itself. So, though there were an awful lot of people coming... Everything moved very quickly. I brought along a paper back book and hardly got a few pages read. :-) That, along with chatting with other people in line... Something like this is always kind of a 'town meeting' affair. And that part is fun. And believe me, the shot
doesn't hurt either. One secret is to remain loose/calm. Don't tense up your muscles. It makes a lot of difference. :-)


To get to our doctor's offices, we drive over Myrtle Street. In Autumn, the turning leaves always put on a beautiful 'show' there. So E. stopped the old truck, and I got out and took a couple of shots. Yes... the old truck! Our little red Honda is in the shop and we are *reduced* to use of the 1950 Chevy Truck! LOL Below is a mosaic of Myrtle St. trees.
Please click on it, to enlarge.


And here {below} is the old truck! :-) Someone asked for a picture of it, in full. Her husband had one, way back. :-)


Yes! Of course! Those are big fuzzy dice, hanging from the read view mirror!
^_^

Those last 3 blue Hydrangea just keep changing color! This one is now a white with tiny flecks of red. My pictures never really capture any flowers which are basically white. But I post it anyway...


The Indian Corn, hanging on our front door. Not very unique, I know. But I'm no where as inventive or talented as so many of you gals are. And that's OK, I know. :-)

Today will be Family Dinner night, instead of Sunday. Because it's our d-i-law's Birthday. And our son is making Coq au vin. This below, is not a picture of his Coq au vin, of course. It isn't made yet! :-)

And there will be Carrot Cake, for dessert.


I think I'd better go for a long walk now! Use up some calories, ahead of time!

^_^

Happy 11 days 'till Halloween!