Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Barometric pressure...

Barometric pressure... It's a part of the life of a Weather Man/Woman. It's also a part of the life of everyone, in a way. I used to keep my internal barometric pressure {'BP'} set to 'Finding Joy,' while here in this on-line-journaling venue of ~~Smilnsigh~~. And I tried to keep my ~~Real Life~~ 'BP' set to that also. One was helping the other, and visa-versa. It mostly worked. But not always.

So I made another, for less light pondering. But that didn't really work, because all was under the ultimate umbrella of 'Find Joy.' And the world keeps making me have to notice, that keeping one's eyes on finding joy, is a very difficult task. Duhhh me. 'Twas always thus.

And for a bit, it's been very hard to reset my internal 'BP.' Even the beauty of Autumn in the NE, isn't able to do it. And if having no particular aches and pains... And having no particular personal woes in my life.... And enjoying the glorious beauty of bright sunlight of a wonderful NE Autumn... If all of these things can not re-set my internal 'BP,' then I'd better admit it.

I'd better admit that at this moment in time, I'm not able to give what I've been known to give, in this on-line-journaling venue. People who drop in here, are in hopes of finding beauty, of one sort or another. I'm not a great photographer but I can take some pretty pictures of nature and I can find beautiful paintings to show. And I can rattle on about this and that and generally give an up-beat tone to what I put out here. People can be mostly sure of a smile, from a visit here. That's what they come here for. If they wanted deep introspection or heavy tomes on the state of the world, or lofty intellectual stimulation.... they'd go elsewhere. Everything is available, somewhere on the Net. Do a Search and you've got it! Whatever your 'it' may be.

So... anyway... I'm feeling like I'm practicing non-truth in advertising, here. I feel like I should now put a disclaimer at the top of my blog... "Caveat emptor!" "Let the buyer beware!" {If your college degree dealt with Economics, you didn't need a translation} :-)
It means that a customer should be cautious and alert to the possibility of being cheated. Caveat emptor is the first rule of buying a used car.

So, feeling thus, it seems logical that I 'step back and punt.' Get my inner 'BP' set to 'Find Joy' again, before I continue here. I keep thinking I've done it. I keep finding that I've not.

If I can figure out the settings, I'll not-allow-comments on this entry. This kind of an entry is blahhhhhhhhhh. It reeks of 'Oh poor me' and it begs for nice, sweet, feel-better comments to be make. I really don't want to force anyone, to do so. I'll get there or I won't. Either way, it's no one else's problem. :-)

Plus, I am in no need of getting religious comments on my lack of Joy mode. It's part of life. No big deal. I have no need to find any 'Great Plan' for any of the simply natural {to me} good and evil of the World. Good and evil just ARE. Bahhh on ol' Zoraster for coming up with the idea of two powers being at work in the universe (good and evil). And we've been dealing with this idea, ever since. :-((((

As to good and evil just being....
Look at the entire Universe. Stars borning, living, dying. Etc. Etc. Etc. No need for A Reason. It just is. I don't need any inspired Word, to explain it. It just is. I don't need any inspired book of rules to make me know the logic of correct action. And I certainly don't need any inspired word, to scare me into logical correct action. Nor do I have need of any 'carrot on a stick' of after-life reward, to push me to logical correct action. So, I think you can easily see that I don't agree with any/all religions or religious instruction.

Heh... Even if I do get my internal Barometric Pressure re-set on 'Find Joy,' not many will be coming back checking to see, anyway. ,-) Mari-Nanci has finally let herself really tell it like it is, to her anyway. So be it. After all, there are 'loads and batches' of blogs which are constantly pushing one form of religion or another.

But I've been keeping my views to myself. Quietly and ladylike and all that. While wading through so many other blogs, which constantly push their religious views. Believe me, it's a big relief to finally say mine. Even if no one ever reads here, again.

So I wish you a lovely day in whatever neighborhood you happen to live. May you thoroughly enjoy whichever season you are commencing. I'll now go out in the beautiful sunny early Autumn day I have... And try to work on my inner barometer. :-)