Sunday, April 29, 2007

Finally, something blooms...

Yes! Finally! Something blooms in our yard!
Not a lot, I fear. Not yet.
And I'm having much trouble, re-learning how to take closeup pics of flowers and buds, this year. Sorry for the not-so-good attempts. But I'll keep working on it. I know I did pretty pics last year. So I can master it again, this year. :-)

Above and below, are pics of a bush out back, which is just starting to blossom. It's a little cherry bush maybe. Don't remember the name, and "E.-the-gardener" isn't up yet, to ask. :-) My photos don't do justice to the prettiness of the tiny white blossoms and the pre-blossom pinkness. -sigh-
.

Below, is a straggler, that I almost missed noticing. Time was, when we had Daffodils out back. But that area is almost a no-man's-land now... Long story. -sigh- But there was this poor little thing, having bloomed, and gotten beaten down by something.

.
And of course, Dandelions will always bloom! In any old spot on the still messy patio.! I was looking for Violets out there. None yet, but these 3 bright yellow blooms greeted me.


And below, we have one lonely duck, on the pool cover. Believe it or not, there's a story here! :-) For a couple of years, a pair of ducks come to our pool cover, early in the Spring. They come. They go. There are ponds with ducks, both in our downtown park, and in the large pond at the college, just up a bit from us. So who knows where their home is... Anyway, these 2 would come and stay a while.

But, everyone once in a while, a stranger would fly in.
Obviously a "Lothario" who was trying to woo the lady duck away from her mate. Interesting happenings would ensue, until they flew away.

This Spring, we saw the pair once. They were gone later, and then, the 1 was out there. The pair have not returned. -sigh- But he does show up, now and then. Quacks awhile and leaves. The other day, I was at my sink, when he was taking flight, all of a sudden. And I caught sight of the wings of 2, flying over. Mmmm.. 'naughty boy' would seem to have seen the-object-of-his-affection flying over, with her mate, maybe. From whatever safe spot they'd found, this year. :-)

Lucia and Miss Mapp had the town gossip to keep them busy. I seem to have "duck gossip," to keep me busy! -giggles-
.
So until next time.... I leave you with this bit of 'what's-going-on,'
around my home plot of land. :-)

.