Saturday, February 03, 2007

17 degrees, again....


Yes, 17 degrees again. And snow cover. And some ice cycles. And I'm fine with it. :-) I must sound like *an odd duckie,* in the pond. Most ladies are longing for Spring and growing things again. And here I am, not minding snow again.

Of course, I didn't have to go out in it, last evening. When our d-i-law came over to borrow something, we had a chat and then I watched her go home the very short distance. And I could just enjoy the beauty of big flakes of snow, falling yet again. Turn off the outside light and go back into my warm sitting room. Yes! I know! That makes a lot of difference! And yet, I do have to get out this morning. Errands call, especially the *dreaded* grocery store. But, I'm not even put-out by this. Hmmmm... What is with me, hu? :-)

I don't even remember if I once longed for another Season, during the present one. I'm sure I did. Of course I did. But for a long time now, and without really working on it or thinking about it, I'm content in whatever Season is upon us. And for this, I'm very grateful. From what I've heard, it's not that way, with some. Some really, really do long for a different Season. Not just a fleeting thought of 'oh it will be nice when we don't have to put on heavy coats again.' A real hurtful longing. Which makes me sad, to think of it.

So ~ I should be grateful today, that I have somehow, and easily, been blessed with being happy in the present. Not a big deal. No earth-shaking realization. Just a little bit of gratitude. One of those little things, which can go so far to balance out, all the 'not-so-hippity-happy' things which life throws in our path.

A bit of what can make the glass appear to be half-full. Instead of half-empty. And I do soooooo like those things!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All Posters