Yesterday, our dishwasher broke down. With a full load of dishes and pots and pans waiting to be done. {Mmmm.... did anyone say, 'the Full Moon Effect'?} And after having to resort to the old-fashioned way of washing, {I had to take a picture, when I was done} I was feeling sort of sorry for myself. No, not really sorry for myself. There are many worse things in the world. -smile-But not being the sort of lady like my friend Debra is, I wasn't happy with hand dishwashing. So I was very happy today, when the repair man came and fixed it. And it's still under warranty, too! -smile-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And today, not only the repair man came ~~ but "Mrs. Susan"* also came. Now the house is 'neat as a pin' {courtesy of me} and shiny clean {courtesy of her}. Oh I do love it, this way. And it's my job to keep it this way, until she comes again. Well, to wish to, anyway.
Yes, I admit, it wasn't easy for me to start having "Mrs. Susan" come to clean, every couple of weeks. It just doesn't 'feel right' to not do my own... To someone who began housekeeping in the late 50's, It just doesn't. -sigh- But... I've mostly gotten over it.
And since I need things to be neat... And things just don't stay neat, all the while.... It's good to have a schedule of really 'neating things up.' I keep after the big things, daily. But some little things kind of escape my full notice. But they don't escape my internal notice, so to speak. I need everything in it's place, at this stage in my life. And I think it makes me nervous, when things begin to get messy-around-the-edges.
Oh I hope I don't sound like a *priss,* with all this! I raised three children and have 5 Grands, so I know what child's clutter is. But, at this time in my life, I simple don't have to live with it, for too long, at a stretch. -smile- So, please don't think I'm a *prissy* sort, who never can have any clutter around.
Enough rattling on today. I miss a day in Blog Land and then, I really make up for it, the next day!
* The name "Mrs. Susan" is what the Grandchildren properly call her. And so, we all do. -smile-