
{This entry is inspired by 'Quilted Together'.}
For so many years, the gift getting part of Christmas has been a source of stress and tension and .... Yes.... Of quite a bit of 'Bah humbug' mode, in me. -sigh- And that's no fun for family or for me. And even though it's late in life, this year I'm really trying to change this.
Luckily, we've always just exchanged with close family, here in town. That in itself, is and always has been, a blessing. But I've still managed to let the process drag out to the end, so to speak. At least, some part of it. And until the whole gift list is in hand, it's still stressful.
This year, I asked all, for ideas early. And they've happily cooperated. Even getting some inspiration for themselves. I'd love for us to have all gifts and even have them wrapped, by Dec. 14. Then, we can relax and really enjoy all the beauty of this lovely Season. For the first time in nearly 50 years of married life! Even my husband, who always loves to *be* Santa Claus, at this time of year, likes the idea!!
And it's working. But I still have to make myself keep at it. Or the days will slip away and I'll not make my self-imposed "deadline."
But actually, this "deadline" is a present to myself, which I've dreamed of, for all those past years. Finally, finally, I may actually give it to myself, this Christmas Season. And no one could give me any sweeter a present.
If anyone reading, has a similar dream/wish/hope... Of doing something different this Christmas Season... I wish you the strength to bring it about.