Thursday, November 02, 2006

Quotes compiled by Susan Branch...




As October ends, most of the branches are bare. We see more sky.
~~Gladys Taber

At last the day drifted into a long lacquered afternoon.
~~Edith Sitwell

The Greeks had just one word for "economize." Our New England grandmothers had twelve: "Eat it up; use it up; make do; or do with out."
~~Helen Adamson

It's not that I belong to the past, but that the past belongs to me.
~~Mary Antin

If you were to ask what is most important in a home, I would say memories.
~~Lillian Gish

"What a capital little house this is!" he called out cheerily. "So compact! So well planned! Everything here and everything in its place!"
~~Kenneth Grahame
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my! That last is the kind of house I wish I lived in. Instead of this now-too-big-for-us home. But! It's ours. It's near family. We've made the parts of it which we use most, into what feels like 'our nest.' I will not complain and want other.

May you enjoy your day.