Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Of shoes....

Yes, I know this is silly. To be excited enough over shoes, to post a picture of them. :-)

But you see, I have a toe which is very, very picky about how it's treated, when it slips into shoes. Any bit of pressure and this particular toe 'complains' loudly. Well, with pain anyway. Which is plenty 'loud' enough to make me take notice. The foot doctor said [words to this effect]; "Dear Lady, simply find shoes which don't compress your 'problem toe." Harrrrumph! Easy for him to say.

But in real life, it's not so simple a task. On top of all the other 'necessities,' which my feet demand I keep in mind, when getting shoes.... now comes the issue of 'a wider toe box.' 'L.L. Bean' and 'Land's End' have ones I have used. But oh they can be 'klunky,' especially the winter variety. And needless to say, nowhere are there dress-up shoes of this variety. But pain tops vanity, and I've accepted this.

But I'm really, really, really in need of a walking shoe. Finding one was getting depressing. Very depressing. Where for art you -- a wide-toe box in a comfy walking shoe?

But sound the trumpets and beat the drums! I found one. And it feels wonderful and looks neat and not wayyy-clunky and I'm so happy. So, I took a couple of pictures of my new 'Feet Babies.' And I post them here. Even though this may well be the silliest Blog entry in all of 'Blog Land,' today. :-)