Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mary Frances

Yesterday, I used a picture of a Mary Frances book, in my entry. And it was appreciated. :-) So I thought I'd write some more, about these precious books.

In this delightful old series by Jane Eayre Fryer, we can follow the fanciful adventrues of Mary Frances, a girl growing up in the early 1900's, as she learns to sew, knit, crochet, bake, garden, keep a house in order and administer first aid. In addition to the captivating story lines, each book includes practical instructions that encourage the reader to participate in the joy of learning new skills that will serve them for a lifetime.

Doesn't that sound sweet? It does. And of course, many people agree.

Copies of the original books, can go for around $30 on Amazon _New/Used_ Books. Reprints cost less but... they seem to have new cover art, also. -sigh-

Lucky the ladies who have the originals...