Saturday, September 23, 2006

A day, to test love of Autumn


Yes, it's a day to test one's love of Autumn... No! Not the sweet drawing of an old fashioned kitchen! I mean the way it looks here today, is such. [Don't yet know how to place a picture, in the exact place I want it -- which would have been at the end of this entry]

Gray and rainy. Could be depressing. Brings worries that the first pretty leaves will be brought down, too soon.

But then, worry never changed anything.

So the alternative is, to keep some lights on today. Unlike my usual way of not leaving unused lights burning. To save energy. But some days _need_ extra light. At least, I try to make myself feel better about useing more of them, on some days.

And of course, it's a day to bake something. Maybe a simple Beer Bread. But I'd like to try a new recipe for Apple Bread, which I found in a book from the library. Sunday family dinner will have someone else's Apple Crisp this week. So I don't have to do that part. I could try this bread, today.

Ssome of the 'Grands' and their Mom picked apples a while ago and one Apple Pie came out of the basket, already. Plus apples for eating. Now, they need to be used up and I might as well *help,* by taking some, for the Quick Bread.

Apple Bread! Now that should put a nice aroma in the kitchen. :-)